Thursday, February 5, 2015

January 1994 Karen Silkwood's Ditch

My January of 1994 I moved to California from Chicago.  My dad drove with me in the U-haul, with everything I own in the back, and dad, my dog Oso and I in the front.

We stopped in Oklahoma City to see where Will Rogers is buried.  Completely acceptable.

After that I took control and drove 50 miles north.  I explained the story of Karen Silkwood.

Dad:  Wait, you are taking us 100 miles out of the way to see a ditch?

Me:  But dad, it's Karen Silkwood's ditch.

Dad:  You're kidding.

Me:  No.  It's what I do, dad.

masterpiece

Findadeath - The Death of Karen Silkwood





In October of 2014 Troy and I drove about 200 miles out of our way to pay our respects to Karen herself, leaving behind a little Death Hag goodie.

RIP Karen Silkwood



2 comments: